get out of my box!

Sunday, November 20, 2005

major hangover

last night was our induction to the org i applied for this year...i'd really like to tell you all about it...if only i can remember what happened...god my head hurts...

it was fortunate that the venue for the event was near my house, otherwise i wouldn't have been allowed to go (and couldn't have come home by myself!). the induction should've been held at the end of last semester, but plumbing problems moved it to a later date, so after only a week of school there we were, partying like we had nothing else to do. (i've decided to drop the codenames coz my headache's giving me a hard time recalling everyone's codename, plus this involves a lot of people outside the 22...)

since jid, drea, ben and macky were from another class, they were left behind. meanwhile, pat and jik went with me. we passed by my house to get my stuff then we were off to the location. it was surprisingly near my house, as in just 10-15 mins away. we got there but only a few people were already there. we just sat around waiting for the others to arrive. when all of my fellow inductees arrived, we dressed up to our costumes (hat themed!) and talked about our mini presentation...it's incredible what we (or i) would do for af...i've never been that silly outside home (i am very silly at home especially when i'm with my sister...) but its fun, impromptu skits are the goofiest, we were so bad that it was actually funny. we just had this setting at a saloon or bar of sorts with two rival gangs of cowboys, cadets, architects and err...shark food and a really obese frankenstein. the skit wasn't particularly funny in itself really, it the things all of us were willing to do in our costumes that made it worth a snicker at least.

anyway, after that, we were given awards for our performance in the application. i got the most emotional during the interview award...jeesh didn't anybody else cry like i did? anyway, at least my tears were legit and i was only that emotional because like i told them, it felt good to be given a second chance and then finally be accepted to a new group of friends. after the awarding, we were once again blindfolded and led to our positions. each of the members welcomed us personally, which was a great feeling for me becase i really feel like the application process didn't end without me knowing each of them and somehow established some relationship with all of them. it was surprising that i could tell who was talking to me even just by their voices (well at least those who weren't changing their voices, but then again, we all knew it was noel who was doing those crazy voices), something i shamefully never experienced anywhere else. after reciting the preamble (as a member, at last!) we were then pushed to the freezing pool (in our costumes!) my denims immediately made me ten times heavier and pulled me down the water, goog thing i'm tall and i know how to swim. not the same could be said of mau who fortunately was beside me and was able to grab my hand. we all knew it was coming though, it was just the anticipation of when and how it would feel like that kept us wary. we came out of the pool, soaking wet, freezing like mad...good thing there were towels to go around. the others continued to swim, but i couldn't take the cold...brr...

so we changed our clothes then proceeded to consuming the bountiful supply of barbeque. after dinner, we watched pbb while the members dipped in the pool, with occassional screaming coming from girls that noel keeps picking up to throw into the pool. then some singing beside the piano while the others started their drinking session. after a few rounds of pusoy dos, i decided to go down and join the others who were drinking beside the pool. now this is where things got interesting...embarassing...but interesting...at least from what is existent in my memory...

i sat with mill, tal, cheska, foom, ben, jika, mau, lex, mikey, sudar, and sir mata. other people would come and go. mill keeps on insisting i take continuous shots of brandy...to be honest, i've never really liked brandy, i've never been drunk with brandy...i'm more of a beer or gin person. i already had two bottles of beer prior to this drinking session and i was tipsy after the fifth or sixth shot. (ang taas ba namang magtagay ni mikey at wala pang coke man lang para sa chaser...chaser namin beer..) i was really getting woozy. i've never really been a heavy drinker, i've only been wasted about four times, this night was about to be the fifth. it surprised me that i wan't puking as early as i normally would. everything led to drinking some more...and then some more...and some more still...until i was totally opposite of what i normally am in public. god was i loud! i'm normally a very quiet person, all my friends know that...but when the alcohol starts kicking in, i dunno, i turn into this loudmouth who doesn't mind what the hell i'm saying.

from what i can recall, among others, i believe i said something about af being the org who'll fight for a tambayan, sang the alphabet backwards, keep on saying to agnes that i wouldn't be remembering any of this in the morning, which is true because i don't...after that everything is blank, i don't even remeber going to bed. i think it was lex who took me to the room. all i could remember are voices, a lot of voices saying my name..., i remember almost falling into the pool, falling out of bed...but that's it...i don't even remember puking...normally if i drink i reach a point of wanting to vomit, so i go to the bathroom or a nearby bush to do my business and be semi-sober for the rest of the evening...last night, i was so wasted, i seriously don't even remember puking. but i did, i know i did. my shirt was all stained, and tal kept sayin i puked all over her sandals, and i saw her washing them in the bathroom sink the morning after. god it was so embarrassing!!!not a day has passed by with me being a member and there i was puking my guts out on all the members.

i'm actually quite worried having to see them again on monday. ugh i'll never hear the end of it, i'll probably go down as one the most, if not the only, wasted inductee in af history. sobrang nahihiya ako kay tal, agnes, lex, sa kanilang lahat! but then i'm also thankful to all of them for taking care of me. i believe i've gained true friends form af. i just hope they'll forgive and forget any of this happening!!! i'm worried that i've said tings that i shouldn't have...and worried that some of them might see me differently now...i don't now if it is good thing or a bad thing, but nonetheless, i'm extremely anxious of what will happen next. i hope tal isn't mad at me for ruining her sandals. jas reassured me it's ok but i'm really worried still. oh well, guess all this worrying will end once i hear everything that really happened....or it might just worry me more...haha, i swear, i'll never be this wasted again...hangovers are a bummer...my head aches, my tummy aches, and done nothing today but sleep on my bed...



*something is bothering me though, i dunno if it was just a dream or my imagination running wild, but i think something happened when i was drunk...i'm not telling though...

2 Comments:

Blogger Psych Boy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:21 PM

 
Blogger Psych Boy said...

*ano yan?!? parang ross & rachel getting married in vegas, drunk (re: season 5)? na di nila maalala na nagpakasal na sila... hehehe. crazy. :P

ok lang yan!! being drunk in those kinds of gimiks can make a fruitful bonding between friends (plus it can be a story to laugh at with friends later on... :P)

2:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home